Universal Islands Of Adventure In Orlando
This is a theme park located in Orlando, Florida. It operates all year round. The park is made up of eight islands. These are; Port of entry, Marvel Super Hero Island, Toon Lagoon, Skull Island, Jurassic Park, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, The Lost Continent and Seuss Landing.
Port of Entry: This is the main entrance of the park. It has a central figure called the Pharos Lighthouse, which produces large beams of light to guide the guest’s movement to and from the park gates.
This Island contains buildings constructed using the Marvel comic’s perspectives. The island also consists of various dining outlets and merchandise shops. Visitors can purchase food and beverages from Café 4 and Captain America Diner. The merchandise shops include Spider-Man Shop, Marvel Alterniverse Store, Comic Book Shop, and Oakley.
The island also features the Incredible Hulk Coaster which is a high-speed roller coaster with a top speed of 108km/hr. There is also The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man which is a 3-D simulator ride based on the character Spider-Man. There is also a meet-and-greet attraction where tourists can meet superheroes such as Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Spider-Man and Captain American.
Toon Lagoon Orlando: This part of the Island focuses on water-based rides. Toon lagoon has three main parts;
- Dudley Do-Right Ripsaw Falls
- Popeye and Blutos Bilge-Rat Barges
- Me Ship, the Olive
Skull Island: This was recently opened at the park. The most important site of attraction here is the Skull Island: Reign of Kong.
Jurassic Park Orlando:
This area is filled with all the attractions and exhibits one will experience in the real Jurassic Park. The park is made up of a variety of attractions such as:
- Jurassic Park River Adventure, which is a water ride
- Triceratops Discovery Trail, where guests can interact with an animated replica of a Triceratops dinosaur.
- Pteranodon Flyers in Orlando is a suspended roller coaster which features a three two-seater car that is suspended on a track. This roller coaster can only accommodate children between 91 and 140cm due to the low capacity of the ride.
- Camp Jurassic: This area includes a children’s play area which features a variety of play elements such as slides, nets, water cannons, and fountains.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: this island features attractions, shops, and restaurants which are located inside the Forbidden Forest, Hogsmeade Village, Diagon Alley, and Hogwarts Castle. There are five main attractions which include:
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey: This is located inside Hogwarts Castle and takes guests through scenes as portrayed in the Potter books and movie.
- Flight of the Hippogriff: this is a junior roller coaster in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- The Hogwarts Express: This is a train ride that conveys guests between Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.
- The Singing Frog Choir
The Lost Continent: The three main attractions are; The Eight Voyage of Sinbad, The Mystic Fountain, and Poseidon’s Fury.
Seuss Landing Orlando:
It is a home of many dining outlets and merchandise shops. Food and beverages can be purchased from Circus McGurkus, Café Stoopendous, And the Green Eggs and Ham Café.